Deakin University is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its HDR PhD International programme in Australia. The grant is available for both domestic and international students.
The programme supports excellent students who want to contribute to a research programme aimed at addressing critical knowledge gaps around understanding the resilience of eel fisheries.
Established in 1974, Deakin University is Australia‘s fastest-growing research universities that offer higher education’s digital frontier manifests in a number of exciting ways. It has over 106 undergraduate courses, 171 post-graduate courses, and 43 research degrees.
Why study at Deakin University? The university is committed to providing high-quality teaching, diverse learning resources, and plenty of student support to its students. Here students can get the chance to achieve their individual aspirations and to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Deakin University
- Department: Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend of $28,092+ Relocation allowance of $500-1500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Ph.D. degree program to conduct research on the topic ‘Conservation genomics of the short-finned eel (Anguilla australis): a focus on the ancient fishery within the UNESCO Budj bim cultural landscape’.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling full time and hold an honors degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master’s degree with a substantial research component.
- Should have achieved an excellent grade (e.g., H1 or HD) in an Honours or MSc research program, and proven skills in scientific writing.
- Interest and experience in fish biology and ecology, and ideally fisheries genetics (but not essential).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the Deakin University. After being registered, you must apply using the expression of interest form.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For becoming a part of the university, you must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The program will cover the following benefits:
- Stipend of $28,092 per annum tax exempt (2020 rate).
- Relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas.
- International students only: Tuition fees offset for the duration of 4 years. Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.